Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Parent Product Picks: Let's Get Cleaning!

Once in a while, I come across a product that is really awesome.  And since I didn't discover it before I became a parent, it becomes a Parent Product Pick.  Whether or not you actually need to have a child around to use it is subjective; but in general, I find that these things make life a lot easier, especially when you might have limited time to do household chores.

Parent Product Pick #1: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Concentrate.


As you may be able to tell by my re-purposed container up there, I used to buy a lot of Method products. But now that I discovered this, no more!!  This stuff is concentrated, i.e. you add water to it to get it to the strength you need.  After doing copious amounts of math, I ascertained that I could add 2 Tablespoons of it to my entire container of water, and this was a relatively strong solution.  Cost? $7-$8.  Compared to Method? Those sell for 3/$7 on sale, but I've already refilled my bottles three times with the amount that's gone from the Mrs. Meyers.  At that rate, I expect this to refill at least 24 bottles before I'll need more.  It's good as a countertop cleaner, bathtub scrub, and general surface cleaner.  I don't know that I recommend it for mirrors, but really, I don't have any cleaner that does that very well.

Parent Product Pick #2: Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes


Sometimes you need to disinfect things.  Or you want to half-assedly clean the bathroom before guests come over.  Whatever, I won't judge you.  These wipes will do the trick!  And... no bleach!  Their active ingredient is thyme oil, which smells nice while killing germs.  I use them to clean off table tops, the fridge doors, door handles when people are sick, and yes, the aforementioned bathrooms sometimes.  The only thing that could be better about these is if they sold the refills in plastic baggie things like baby wipes.  The container is recyclable though, so I guess it's not so bad.

In short, I recommend both of these products! 

No comments:

Post a Comment